This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Refugees Of Azeroth Forum Index -> Ranged Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyverion
Officer

re: Quick Setup Guide for Rawr - Mages

I endorse this mod 100%, it's amazing. Also, it has a very simple user interface and is quick to set up. Why should you use Rawr? It tells you all about item upgrades, regen stats, expected DPS, specs, fight parameters, etc. If you follow this guide you will never have to ask in guild chat what item is a bigger upgrade!

Download Rawr Here

1. Importing My Character
Fortunately for you, Rawr lets you easily upload your character's Armory information. Navigate to File --> Load From Armory or simply press ctrl+L.

Forum Image

Fill in your Character Name and Server. Leave the Region alone. When you finish, your screen should have all your Armory information filled in and look something like this:

Forum Image

2. Customizing Buff Information
Now we go to the Buffs tab, shown on this picture:

Forum Image

Simply check the box beside each buff you want to model. I typically check every optimal box, because my main interest lies in finding out what is best for 25 man raids where typically most buffs are represented.

3. Customizing Options
The Options tab is located directly beside the Buffs tab:

Forum Image

This part is very class specific, so I can't hold your hand through it. Simply go through each sub-tab and fill in appropriate information. The Options tab is filled with important parameters, for example Mages fill in what percentage of the fight the boss spends snared here (see Torment the Weak). If you don't know what a parameter is, generally don't mess with it, but feel free to post a question about it for an answer.

4. The Payoff

Forum Image

OK, now you have Rawr all set up with every option relevant to your raid. Save yourself some headaches in the future and save your settings (ctrl+s) now!

The middle pane shows you all your effective stats, ratings, and sequence information. You can see the DPS and DPM of all your cycles as well as your regen. This pane is mainly for reference. The focus of this guide is going to be the gear panes.

The right pane with all the horizontal bars shows you how much DPS/Survivability/Avoidance/Regen each piece of gear is worth. In order to switch between slots, click on the "Gear > _____" option above the list; the _____ will be a particular slot. Also be aware you can filter by PVP, Expansion, Professions, Raids, etc.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Refugees Of Azeroth Forum Index -> Ranged Class Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: