This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Refugees Of Azeroth Forum Index -> Hybrid Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antiax
.Axen.
Officer

re: Druid builds.

Ok, currently as you know I am using a Feral build that is working well for me.

0/55/16

This is the Balance build I'm looking at post 3.1

55/0/16

This is where I got the build from, he explains his reasoning for the changes from the standard 69/0/2 build.

Patch 3.1 PvE Moonkin Build

Feel free to discuss these builds since other points of views will be helpfull
Cyverion
Officer

I wish I could have the patience to level a Druid. I think the Tree form from the Resto spec is pretty cool.

Well I'll tell ya it was a test of my patience before level 40 and I gave up on him many times.

Leveling before 30 was tedious to say the least but it got better once I hit 30 and got cat form.

With level 40 and a new revised talent build things really started coming together, and it just got better from there as my dodge and crit rate climbed.

He is now tearing through single mobs in Cat way faster than my DK did and he has no problems with multiple mobs up to 2 equal level and if more then just switch to Bear to deal with them it just takes him a bit longer finish them all.

Casters are trouble unless I can get right on then and use my daze/interrupt finisher on them (7 sec daze 3 sec no casting)

If you do try one go feral for leveling and get your agility up there, I was using Monkey (Agility, Stamina) and Tiger (Strength, Agility) Armor.

Crit rate is key to the build since it gives you extra combo points when you crit strike.

As soon as dual builds goes in I will make a Balance build, can't wait to try that out twisted
bobf

re: oom booms

Lets do some theroy crafting.

Lets presume
1. boss fights and raid trash pulls take quite some time to take down, with adds causing the fights to take longer
2. mana regen post 3.1 is at a premium.
3. you have 700 intel. (based off of estimates gained from the armory)

Hmmm... Well... 4% bonus spell damage in moonkin form (natural shapeshifter)
Lets say that your base bonus spell damage from gear is ~1000 (should be somewhere between 1000 and 1400 base from gear, rounded down for initial 80 gear and ease of math) and approx 700 intel (based off of estimates gained from the armory)
1000 *1.04 = 1040 (1400 * 1.04 =1456) (natural shapeshifter 2 pts)
vs.
700 * .07 = 49 (800 * .07 = 56) additional Mp5 while casting (dreamstate 2pts)
or picking up additional spells. (starfall, or typhoon)

Also consider that (celestial focus) is only half what it could be because an awfull lot of instance mobs are immune to stuns, or highly resistant, and almost all boss mobs are immune to stuns, your only benifit from these 3 points are the spell haste. so 3% knocked off of a 2.0 cast spell is 1.94.
now i ask if .06 seconds knocked off of spell cast time is worth the 3 points.

in short, i think this build may be better...
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0xG0uicsIdIVhohZbxcub
maybe pull one point and put into starfall.
yes... slightly less haste but somewhere near 200MP5 while casting (guestimated +/- 50)

for my final argument for this build:

Forum Image
Antiax
.Axen.
Officer

Ok I looked over both builds again and I think the one you posted has merit, I believe the original one had leveling in mind and that's where celestial focus would help. Since I'm not using it to level it would make having dreamstate a better choice.

That said I need to find out how celestial focus is applied, if it is on an individual spells cast time I'd say not worth it but if it applies to you base haste rating that you have from item and armor etc then it might be something to consider, although at this point I'm leaning towards having more mana regen as being more desirable.
bobf

re: haste

I think that it applies only to spell cast time, and not the general base haste. "total spell haste by 1/2/3%"

whereas a talent applied to haste in general is worded "improves your haste by x% at all times"
Antiax
.Axen.
Officer

Apparently Celestial Focus will be changed in 3.1
Quote:

Celestial Focus
redesigned: Reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting Starfire, Hibernate and Hurricane by 23/46/70% and increases your total spell haste by 1/2/3%.

thoughts?
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Refugees Of Azeroth Forum Index -> Hybrid Class Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: